OPEN POSITION ANNOUNCEMENTS
4/30/15 Interim Enhanced Harm Reduction Services Manager
Salary: $38,000 $44,000 DOE. HIPS is an equal opportunity employer
Supervises: 3 Full Time Staff, 2 Part Time Staff, 2 Peer Educators, 1 Intern
HIPS “Enhanced Harm Reduction Services” Department offers a variety of client centered, strength based services at HIPS Wellness & Drop In Center and in the community that assist sex workers, drug users, transgender women and other “hard to reach” populations in reaching and setting goals that assist them in leading healthy lives. These services range from low barrier drop in services such as showers, educational groups, community lunch and laundry services to higher involvement services that include an HIV/HCV Testing Program, Community Health Worker (CHW) Program, Treatment Adherence (TA) Program and Comprehensive Risk Counseling Services (CRCS)/Referral Program. The department also coordinates community, peer and staff training, events and collaborations.
The Harm Reduction Services Manager is responsible for managing all program staff, overseeing activities, and ensuring that HIPS enhanced harm reduction services provide the highest quality of culturally competent services to our community while meeting or exceeding the departments goals.
- Manage, mentor & support highly qualified programmatic staff, peer educators and interns
- Manage department budget, work plan and deliverable related data including timely reporting to funding sources, Director of Programs and the Executive Director.
- Coordinate staffing and service delivery of Enhanced Harm Reduction Services program activities, including counseling, linkage and navigation, HEP C and HIV counseling and testing and support groups.
- Develop, in collaboration with HIPS Director of Programs, a Enhanced Harm Reduction Services policies and procedures manual.
- Program Manual consisting of policies, procedures and best practices.
- Mange paperwork and documentation efforts for client and peer educator incentives.
- Manage Peer Educator’s development and activities including group facilitation, admin tasks and materials creation
- Manage the professional and personal development of EHR staff including monthly client case meetings, weekly supervisions, monthly team meetings , HIV/HEP C Rapid test training as well as refresher
- Liaison and build collaborations with community partners in regards to our Community Health Worker Program, HIV/HCV Testing Partner Sites, Medical Homes, Drug Treatment Providers and Health Department as needed to meet organizational goals
- Assist the Director of Programs in evaluation activities
- Cofacilitate quarterly volunteer orientations
- Represent HIPS at meetings, training sessions, and community outreach activities
- Manage the department’s work preparing for move to our new center space in June 2015
- Attend weekly staff meetings, weekly oneonone supervisions, and monthly managers meetings to share information and plan program work in team environment
- As part of a team, share in other organizational responsibilities as required including serving as a member of the crisis intervention team, general administrative work, and volunteer training and coordination.
- Attend appropriate local, regional and national meetings to ensure that HIPS receives and promotes best practices in drug use, sex work and LGBT issues.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
The position requires knowledge of local community and national resources around harm reduction, HIV, drug treatment, HEP C, syringe exchange and case management. Experience managing a diverse professional and peer staff in a drop-in or community center strongly preferred. This individual must work well as part of team and create a teamwork orientated atmosphere within the department and across departments. Experience working with sex workers, drug users, harm reduction philosophy, and anti discrimination strategies. Individuals with non traditional employment experience, experience with sex work or drug use are encouraged to apply. This is a interim temporary (40 Hours/week) position and no benefits. Drop In Center supervision is required 10am to 5pm M-Th. Interim Position is for 90 days, with the strong opportunity for permanent hire for the right person. Some minimal lifting, sitting and physical activity is required.
Please send Resume and Cover Letter to “firstname.lastname@example.org” with “INTERIM EHR MANAGER YOUR NAME” in the subject line. No Phone Calls.