Dear Student(s) and/or Professor(s):
Thank you for your interest in conducting an academic project in partnership with HIPS. HIPS is dedicated students to enhance their academic experience in the Washington, DC metro area through staff interviews, informational materials and resources as well as experiential learning. HIPS has the following guidelines for academic project partnerships in order to ensure our clients’ anonymity and the cultural competency of our programming:
- Students must submit an abstract of their project along with their request. An abstract includes the stated goals of the program, scope of work, and contact information of your professor.
- No interviews of clients or program participants are permitted.
- No “ride-along” activities will be permitted aboard the outreach van.
- HIPS requires students to receive experiential learning by working with programs in office for a minimum of three (3) hours per project.
- Students must sign a confidentiality agreement that outlines what information gleaned at HIPS may and may not be shared.
- Students will submit a copy of the completed program to HIPS.
If you are interested in working with HIPS in the future to gather information for academic purposes, please feel free to contact firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a staff interview and your experiential learning. Please be aware that it may take HIPS up to two weeks to process your request. Due to the high frequency HIPS may not be able to accommodate all requests. Thank you and we look forward to hearing from you!